Top Review by Barb G.
Oh My Gosh, Mimi, this is so yummy. We loved the flavors of the gingersnaps, Molasses and all the spices. what a good combination. Used golden Raisins, will try it next time with dates. The recipe is a keeper.
- 9 gingersnap cookies
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup chilled butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, cut into small pieces
- 3 1⁄2 cups chopped peeled granny smith apples (about 1 1/2 lbs)
- 3 1⁄2 cups coarsely chopped peeled bartlett pears (about 1 1/2 lbs)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pitted dates or 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- To prepare topping; place cookies in a food processor; pulse 10 times or until coarse crumbs form to measure 1/2 cup.
- Combine cookie crumbs, sugars, and flour in a medium bowl; cut in the butter with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture is crumbly.
- To prepare filling, combine apple and remaining ingredients in a large bowl; toss well.
- Spoon apple mixture into an 8 inch square baking dish or a 1 1/2 quart casserole.
- Sprinkle with topping.
- Bake at 375 degree for 45 minutes or until bubbly.