Recipe by Dave of Tucson
A Korean Friend fixed this for me . I liked it so much that she showed me how to make it.
- 2 lbs asparagus
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 green onions
- 1 tablespoon korean hot bean paste
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 pinches salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash Asparagus - Trim off hard ends, Cut along Diagonal in 1 inch pieces.
- In medium pot half full of water bring to boiling add asparagus continue to heat until it starts to Boil again - Then Drain immediately using colander. Make sure to drain well. Asparagus should be slightly crunchy.
- While the asparagus is cooking mix the balance of the ingredients in a small bowl. Mix the drained Asparagus and the sauce. Chill and serve. Keeps in the refrigerator for several days. Cover tightly - or it will stink up the refrig!
- You can find the Korean Hot Bean Paste in an Oriental Grocery Store.