Recipe by mizzlizzita
You can also use green beans, which are generally cheaper. The original recipe calls for a bit less spice, but I use more and use about 2 tablespoons or more minced onion (if you do this, add more butter or margarine). This is one of my favorite recipes ever =] Enjoy!
Top Review by RedVinoGirl
Yum, yum!!!! I roasted this to be lazy. I sprayed tinfoil on a baking sheet with Pam and added the asparagus. I sprayed it with garlic flavored EVOO. I didn't have cajun seasoning so I used cayenne and eyeballed all measurements. I used regular salt instead of seasoning salt and added about 5 cloves of minced garlic. YUM!!! Roasted at 400 degrees for 15 minutes and squirted fresh lemon on top. Will definitely make again!
- 29.58-44.37 ml butter or 29.58-44.37 ml margarine
- 453.59-680.38 g asparagus or 453.59-680.38 g green beans
- 2.46 ml cajun pepper or 2.46 ml cayenne pepper
- 2.46 ml seasoning salt
- 2.46 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- 2.46 ml minced onion (or more)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut up veggies (asparagus: cut off bottom and cut each "tree" into about three pieces. green beans: cut off both ends and slice into one or two pieces each.).
- Melt butter or margarine in frying pan over medium heat.
- Add cut up veggies and all seasonings.
- Toss to coat.
- Cover pan and fry for about 8 minutes for asparagus and 10-15 minutes for green beans.
- Stir once or twice (if at all) until cooked the way you like them (we like our veggies soft -- you might like them crunchy).