Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is an adaptation of something i found on the Internet. These wings are great hot or cold and usually don't last long. You can put them to marinade the night before if you like.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs chicken wings
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or more if you like more spice)
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Combine all ingredients except wings and sesame seeds in a microwaveable dish and heat 3-5 minutes, stirring every minute.
- Trim tips off of wings and cut in half at the joint.
- Pour sauce over wings.
- Marinate 1-2 hours.
- When ready to cook, spread wings in a shallow foil-lined pan, and sprinkle with the sesame seeds.
- You can either broil these or bake them.
- To broil, place wings under broiler for 8-10 minutes, turn, and then broil for another 5-7 minutes.
- Or, bake in a 450-degree oven for 25 minutes.
Another very good wings recipe, I cooked them in the oven and finshed them under the grill/broiler. I think I will add some fresh grated ginger and garlic next time. Loved the sesame seeds on the top.