Recipe by JaneLi
This is an adaptation of something i found on the Internet. These wings are great hot or cold and usually don't last long. You can put them to marinade the night before if you like.
Top Review by Pets'R'us
Another very good wings recipe, I cooked them in the oven and finshed them under the grill/broiler. I think I will add some fresh grated ginger and garlic next time. Loved the sesame seeds on the top.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs chicken wings
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or more if you like more spice)
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients except wings and sesame seeds in a microwaveable dish and heat 3-5 minutes, stirring every minute.
- Trim tips off of wings and cut in half at the joint.
- Pour sauce over wings.
- Marinate 1-2 hours.
- When ready to cook, spread wings in a shallow foil-lined pan, and sprinkle with the sesame seeds.
- You can either broil these or bake them.
- To broil, place wings under broiler for 8-10 minutes, turn, and then broil for another 5-7 minutes.
- Or, bake in a 450-degree oven for 25 minutes.