Recipe by Luby Luby Luby
This can be served as is or as a side dish or add cooked shrimp or chicken for a main dish. This recipe comes from Bon Appetit.
- 1 lb linguine, broken in half
- 4 tablespoons oriental sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 3 red bell peppers, seeded and thinly sliced
- 3 cups snow peas
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 3⁄4 cup honey roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh basil
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm.
- Drain pasta well and transfer to large bowl.
- Whisk 3 Tablespoons of sesame oil, honey, soy sauce, vinegar and cayenne pepper in small bowl.
- Season with salt and mix half of dressing with pasta.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon of oil in large heavy pot over medium high heat.
- Saute bell peppers, peas and onion until just beginning to wilt, about 2 minutes.
- Add vegetables to pasta.
- Mix in peanuts, basil and enough dressing to coat.
- Keep any remaining dressing and serve separate.