Recipe by KrabKokonas
This recipe was born of a mistake when my brother bought bok choi instead of spinach for a spinach dip. And a lucky mistake it was! This dip is an easy, quick and excellent alternative to spinach dip for those who like a little extra flavour and zing. Prep time does not include chilling time. A couple tips - I bought Pauls, an Australian brand of sweet chili sour cream and it was fantastic. If you can't find sweet chili sour cream, you might try adding a couple tblsp of sweet chili sauce (this will add a more garlicky note, though) or some chopped, dried sweet chilis. I haven't tried these ideas, so if you do, please be sure to leave your comments in a review!
Top Review by kix123
I made it with low-fat sour cream and "A Taste of Thai Garlic Chili Pepper Sauce" (and dried corriander). It was tasty but a little lack-luster so I added more garlic powder and fresh ground pepper. Now it's 5 stars! It does have a little kick and is great with bread
- 1 cup sweet chili light sour cream
- 1 cup bok choy
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup spring onion
- 3 tablespoons coriander
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- sourdough bread (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash the bok choi and chop it, discarding the stems.
- Sauté bok choi in cooking oil until it is limp and had lost all of its crunch (about 5 mins).
- Chop spring onions.
- Chop coriander.
- Put onions, bok choi, sour cream, mayonnaise and coriander into a bowl and mix, preferably with an immersion mixer or in a food processor.
- Chill for 1 hour as texture will become thicker (I served it right away once and it was still good but a bit soupy).
- Pour into hollowed out sourdough bread bowl and serve with bread pieces for dipping (optional).