Recipe by Anna's Mom
Found this in Family Circle.
Top Review by DailyInspiration
Made this snack mix to have around the house. I like the ingredients; although, I really couldn't pick up on the Asian flavor as much as I thought I would. Think maybe I'll increase the sauce a bit next time. The only other change I would make is to decrease the wasabi peas -- I like them, but they were a bit overpowering in the mix and it tended to change the taste of the rest of the mix. Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup, January, 2014.
- 6 cups crispy wheat cereal squares
- 1 1⁄2 cups sesame sticks
- 1 1⁄4 cups dry roasted peanuts
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups wasabi peas
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 250. Coat a 15X10X1 baking pan with nonstick spray. In a large bowl, toss together cereal, sesame sticks and peanuts.
- In a medium-size glass bowl, combine butter, teriyaki, sesame oil, sugar, salt and cayenne. Microwave on HIGH for 45 seconds or until butter is melted. Pour over mixture in bowl and toss to coat.
- Transfer cereal mixture to prepared pan and bake at 250 for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Cool mix in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes. Stir in wasabi peas.
- Makes 10 cups.