Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is the most absolutely wonderful salad! It's perfect to serve at any dinner party. If you want more heat then increase the cayenne pepper. The green beans can be substituted with fresh snow peas. Plan ahead the noodles have to be chilled for 2 hours. If you want to make this into a main dish throw in some cooked chicken or shrimp. Prep time includes chilling time.
- 1 lb linguine (broken in half)
- 6 tablespoons sesame oil
- 5 tablespoons honey
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 5 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (can use a bit more)
- 3 large red bell peppers, seeded and sliced very thin
- 3 cups fresh green beans, ends trimmed and cut in half
- 1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup honey-roasted peanuts, coarsley chopped (can add in more)
- black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until only JUST firm-tender; drain VERY well, and transfer to a large bowl.
- In a bowl whisk together 5 tablespoons sesame oil, honey, soy sauce, vinegar and cayenne pepper; blend well, and season with salt to taste.
- Mix half of the dressing into the pasta; toss well to coat.
- Cover the pasta and chill for 2 hours (or more).
- In a skillet heat the remaining tablespoon of sesame oil over high heat.
- Add in beans and onions; saute until JUST beginning to wilt (about 2 minutes).
- Add in the beans and onions, red bell peppers with the chopped peanuts to the cold pasta.
- Add a little more dressing to coat, and season with black pepper if desired.
- Pass the remaining dressing separately.