Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
A really interesting sauce to serve with any of your HCG protocol allowed proteins. Can also be used as a dipping sauce. Counts as 1 fruit serving. Taken from The HCG Diet Cookbook Gourmet Success.
- 1⁄2 orange, with rind
- 1⁄2 lemon, with rind
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon green onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pinch orange zest
- 1 pinch lemon zest
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 4 drops stevia
- In a small saucepan add the orange and lemon to water.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer adding water as needed.
- Simmer until the pulp comes out of the rinds. Scrape out the pulp and discard the rinds.
- Continue stirring and reducing the liquid by half until desired consistency is reached.
- Add green onion, stevia and spices.
- Serve with protein.
What a nice sauce to have on hand...I zested the citrus before boiling in the water...I found that holding the rind with tongs while you scrape out the pulp worked great...really liked the tart/sweet tang this gave...served it with Easy Ginger Shrimp Wraps - HCG Phase 2 for a delicious meal...made for Spring PAC 2013 =)