Recipe by velorutionista
Originally a Cooking Light recipe, these wraps are great as a festive appetizer or a simple supper. I've added a few ingredients according to my own taste, and these are a hit every time I make them. Great for a dinner if you're short on time (or trying to beat the heat in the kitchen in the summer). Serve with a simple salad and a spicy dipping sauce! You can also replace the chicken with cubed tofu or cooked pork--I've had good luck with both!
- 5 ounces bean threads, uncooked (aka rice or cellophane or glass noodles)
- 1⁄2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili paste with garlic
- 4 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 4 cups chopped chopped roasted boneless skinless chicken
- 1⁄2 cup roughly chopped roasted unsalted peanuts (or cashews)
- 1⁄4 cup finely shredded raw carrot (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup shredded raw cucumber (optional)
- 24 large boston lettuce leaves (or Romaine)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cover bean threads with boiling water. Let stand for 5 minutes or until softened. Drain, and rinse under cool water. Chop noodles.
- While bean threads soak, combine cilantro, soy sauce, chile paste, and oil in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add noodles, chicken, and nuts to soy sauce mixture; toss well to coat. Stir in carrots and cucumber, if using.
- Spoon 1/3 to 1/2 cup chicken mixture down center of each lettuce leaf; roll up. Serve immediately.