Recipe by afr0bunny
Aquick delicious side
Top Review by Phat & Sassy
I have a confession: I used frozen green beans instead of fresh. It was all I had in the house and desperate times call for desperate measures. I blanched them for two minutes and shocked them in cold water, as you directed. I used toasted sesame seed oil for the oil and substituted sliced almonds for the sesame seeds since I didn't have sesame seeds and it was DELICIOUS, SPICY, quick and easy. Thanks for posting! I will be making this again. Note: I tried broccoli recently, instead of green beans, and that was good too.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 3⁄4 lb green beans
- kosher salt or sea salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil some water.
- Srop green beans in for 2 minutes.
- Srain and blanch (run cold water over them or shock them in an ice bath).
- Heat oil and pepper flakes in a pan until oil starts to smoke.
- Add beans and stir fry for 2 minute.
- Turn off heat, toss in sesame seeds, season with salt, and serve.