Prep 0 mins
Cook 5 mins
Aquick delicious side
Make and share this Spicy Asian Green Beans recipe from Food.com.
- Boil some water.
- Srop green beans in for 2 minutes.
- Srain and blanch (run cold water over them or shock them in an ice bath).
- Heat oil and pepper flakes in a pan until oil starts to smoke.
- Add beans and stir fry for 2 minute.
- Turn off heat, toss in sesame seeds, season with salt, and serve.
I have a confession: I used frozen green beans instead of fresh. It was all I had in the house and desperate times call for desperate measures. I blanched them for two minutes and shocked them in cold water, as you directed. I used toasted sesame seed oil for the oil and substituted sliced almonds for the sesame seeds since I didn't have sesame seeds and it was DELICIOUS, SPICY, quick and easy. Thanks for posting! I will be making this again. Note: I tried broccoli recently, instead of green beans, and that was good too.
Excellent flavor and very quick to do. I served with Sesame and Wasabi Crusted Tuna With Roasted Asparagus. Great quick and delicious meal.
Quick,fast easy....Made for ladies lunch . They all had to have the recipe.