This is a very delicious recipe but it has A LOT of ingredients. Once I make it, I make it again and again until the more unusual ingredients run out...no one gets bored or complains because it's that good. I found it in the "Pasta" book from the Food and Wine Books. Hope you enjoy it as much as we have. It has a little KICK to it too! 19 ingredients in just a couple of steps...
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh spinach leaves, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes, minced
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese (plus more for serving)
- 1 scallion, minced (including green top)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons asian fish sauce (Thai ( nam pla)
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh jalapeno
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried ancho chile powder (or 1/4 teaspoon cayenne and 1/4 teaspoon paprika)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3⁄4 lb penne
- Combine spinach, basil, fresh and sun dried tomatoes in a large bowl with the cream, Parmesan,scallion, oil, tomato paste, fish sauce, jalapeno, lime juice, garlic, sugar, chile powder(s), salt, and pepper.
- Boil a large pot of salted water, add uncooked pasta, and cook for about 13 minutes until al dente. Drain.
- Add the pasta to the large bowl and mix well. Serve immediately with some grated Parmesan on top. YUMMY!