Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
This side dish is absolutely delightful when served with grilled fish or chicken breast and a nice little rice pilaf. In other words, it adds a little zip to an otherwise very healthy, low calorie but bland menu.
- 1 (14 ounce) bag frozen green beans
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Cook green beans as directed on bag. Drain; place in serving bowl.
- Meanwhile, in a 1 quart saucepan, mix all sauce ingredients until well blended. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low; simmer 1 to 2 minutes, stirring constantly, until thickened and clear -- clear as in not cloudy.
- Stir sauce into cooked green beans to coat.