Very good with a little bite. from Cooking Light
Make and share this Spicy Asian Coleslaw recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 1 (16 ounce) package cabbage and carrot coleslaw mix (or l lb fresh shredded cabbage, mix green and red, and carrots)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- Combine the first 4 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add the green onions and coleslaw, tossing gently to coat.
- Sprinkle the slaw with parsley and sesame seeds.
- Serve immediately.
My fiancee thought this slaw was incredible! I, on the other hand, found it to be a bit too oily tasting. His only suggestion was that I should have made it several hours earlier, to give the flavors time to marinate. While it definately had a good flavor, I could only taste a heavy, sesame-drenched palate coming through. Good stuff! While I will definately make this again, I will adjust the seasonings, and perhaps prep time, a bit. Thank you!
Good stuff! I added a TBSP of creamy peanut butter to the dressing, which gave it an added touch.
This was easy and delicious. I tasted it as soon as it was assembled and opted to let it sit for several hours prior to serving, I am very glad I did. I also added PB like another reviewer recommended, in small amounts it serves to subtly bolster the flavor. A nice vegan slaw, look forward to making it again.