Valerie in Florida's Note:
This is an excellent chicken soup recipe with an asian flair. The lime and cilantro really stand out. However, this soup needs to be eaten fresh. Does not reheat/store well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (48 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Asian chili sauce or 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled and cut into 8 slices
- 3/4 lb boneless chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 lb fresh shrimp or 1/2 lb frozen shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup shiitake mushroom
- 1 cup snap peas
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1Combine broth, soy sauce, brown sugar, chili sauce, lime juice and ginger and boil for 5 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, toss chicken with cornstarch until it is completely coated.
- 3Add the chicken, Shrimp and shiitakes to the broth and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 4Remove pan from heat and stir in snap peas, red pepper, bean sprouts, lime zest and cilantro.
- 5Let soup stand 5 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Asian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Asian Chicken and Shrimp Soup
Serving Size: 1 (624 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 318.8
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 126.1 mg
- Sodium 2506.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 36.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Asian chili sauce