Recipe by Ishi
This recipe is from the National Cattlemen's Beef Association (Tip: If sugar-snap peas are not available, fresh pea pods may be substituted.)
Top Review by Marsha D.
Delicious recipe! I added some more veggies(yellow squash, zucchini,fresh mushrooms,onion and green and yellow bell pepper strips) to this and used Recipe #37310. I used angel hair pasta and marinated my steak strips in beer, teriyaki sauce, minced garlic, worcestershire sauce and sesame seed oil for about a hour before starting dinner. Dh and I both enjoyed our dinner tonight! Thanks for sharing the recipe :)
- 1 lb beef round tip steak, cut 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick
- 4 ounces uncooked vermicelli or 4 ounces thin spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 (8 ounce) packagefresh sugar snap peas
- 1 cup packaged fresh matchstick-style shredded carrot
- 2⁄3 cup prepared stir-fry sauce, such as sesame-ginger flavor
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook vermicelli according to package directions; drain.
- Keep warm.
- Meanwhile, stack beef steaks; cut lengthwise in half and then crosswise into 1" wide strips.
- Heat water in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add sugar-snap peas and carrots; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until water is evaporated and vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Remove from skillet.
- Heat same skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add half of the beef; stir-fry 1 minute or until outside surface of beef is no longer pink.
- (Do not overcook.) Remove from skillet.
- Repeat with remaining beef.
- Combine stir-fry sauce and red pepper in same skillet.
- Return all beef and vegetables to skillet; heat through.
- Toss with vermicelli.