Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
I made these as part of several dishes I was doing, so I only did 10 ribs, but the sauce would be enough if you were making 1-1.5 kg of spareribs. It is a super easy recipe to make and the end result is wonderful. I always par boil my ribs as this is the way get tender ribs every time.
- 10 pork spareribs (see note above on quantity)
- 1⁄2 cup apricot jam
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 50 ml white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce (I buy mine from my Asian supermarket so it has more kick to it than the ones that you can buy at a r)
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- Serving size is if served as is with some rice if serving as part of other dishes easily serves 4.
- Bring some water, seasoned with pepper, Chinese five spice and beef stock, to a boil in a large saucepan, add ribs, simmer about 40 Min's or until you can pull meat from bone. (Time will depend on how many ribs you are making this can take up to 90 Min's if you are making are large quantity.).
- In a saucepan combine all sauce ingredients, except soy and cornflour, heat until apricot jam is well combined, mix soy and cornflour, add to sauce, stir until mixture thickens slightly.
- Place ribs in an oven proof dish and pour sauce over, coat ribs well and bake in a moderate oven (180c) for about 30-40 Min's longer if you have more ribs. Remove and stir to coat in sauce real well.
- Serve with extra dipping sauce if desired.
Wow these were soooooo good. I will be making them again and again. DH just loved them. Thanks heaps. Made for Edition 7: MAKE MY RECIPE -- a game of tag in the Aust/NZ forum.
Oh my goodness, are these yummy! We had great taste sensations going on with these ribs. A little sweet, a little spice. I loved them so much!! This is one of those recipes that you treasure and I will make these any time I want some yummy ribs!