Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 2 cups unbleached flour, Sifted
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup dried apricot, Chopped
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, Chopped
- 2 large eggs, Slightly Beaten
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and pumpkin pie spice into large mixing bowl.
- Stir in oats, apricots, and walnuts.
- Combine eggs, milk and oil in small bowl; blend well.
- Add all at once to dry ingredients, stirrin just enough to moisten.
- Spoon batter into greased 3-inch muffin-pan cups, fill 2/3rds full.
- Bake in 350 degree F. oven 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve hot with butter and homemade jam or jelly.
Pretty good, but I had to make a modification... When I began, I found out I was short on apricots, so I also added some dried cherries. I cut back on the salt (only used 1/2 tsp) and had to add an additional 1/4 cup of milk to get that muffin consistency with the batter. I used 2 inch muffin cups and baked for 21 minutes. Will probably make these again when I get some more apricots.
This looks awesome. It should smell heavenly! I have learned that overmixing muffins even slightly will make a dry "chewy" product. Should think this would be brilliant with wholemeal flour too! Thanks cb this is on my make list for the next couple of weeks!
These turned out dry, so I stored them warm in a plastic container and that helped. Also I added another 1/4 oil and would add another 1/4 to make them moister, to total 3/4 c. oil. they are also not very sweet, but theat is okay with us.