Top Review by igolf
Pretty good, but I had to make a modification... When I began, I found out I was short on apricots, so I also added some dried cherries. I cut back on the salt (only used 1/2 tsp) and had to add an additional 1/4 cup of milk to get that muffin consistency with the batter. I used 2 inch muffin cups and baked for 21 minutes. Will probably make these again when I get some more apricots.
- 2 cups unbleached flour, Sifted
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup dried apricot, Chopped
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, Chopped
- 2 large eggs, Slightly Beaten
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and pumpkin pie spice into large mixing bowl.
- Stir in oats, apricots, and walnuts.
- Combine eggs, milk and oil in small bowl; blend well.
- Add all at once to dry ingredients, stirrin just enough to moisten.
- Spoon batter into greased 3-inch muffin-pan cups, fill 2/3rds full.
- Bake in 350 degree F. oven 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve hot with butter and homemade jam or jelly.