Recipe by Gingernut
Another recipe from Leanne Ely's Menu Mailer (savingdinner.com). This was very easy, and my husband loved it. I found it a little plain but he has simpler taste than I do.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1⁄3 cup apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup chopped dried apricot
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth or 1⁄2 cup vegetable broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, thoroughly brown and cook chicken on all sides in vegetable oil. Add garlic; saute lightly (don't let brown).
- In a medium bowl, combine apricot preserves, Dijon mustard, dried apricots, chicken broth and crushed red pepper. Evenly pour over chicken in skillet. Simmer, covered, 5 minutes over low heat till sauce is slightly thickened.
- Leftovers: Drain off the sauce and chill. Chop up the leftover chicken and apricots. Add some mayo, flaked toasted almonds and sliced green onions, and you have a delicious chicken and apricot salad.