Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe is one I've had for years it comes from the newsaper. It's extremely moist cake.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 (4 1/2 ounce) jars apricot with tapioca baby food
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- Beat sugar and oil.
- Add eggs one at a time.
- Add baby food, one jar at a time.
- Add flour - half of it with spices, then beat in remainder.
- Bake at 350 ° 1 hour in greased, floured tube or bundt pan.
- Cool right side up awhile before turning over.
- Sprinkle with sifted confectioners' sugar.
- Stays moist days and days and days - if you hide it.
I used to make this cake but am unable to find apricot baby food any longer. What is a good substitute?
This is an absolutely delicious cake. Moist and flavorful. I do think the next time I make it I will use 3 jars of baby food and cut the oil down to about 3/4 of a cup. It was delicious with just powdered sugar on it, but I think a lemon glaze would really perk it up more. Dh loved it and asked for me to please make this for his lunches again. How can I refuse?