Recipe by Mirj
A great dessert of snack. Goes well with plain vanilla ice cream. Vegan -- so it's eggless and dairy-free.
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups applesauce
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- powdered sugar or whipped topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease 9-inch square pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.
- In a large bowl, beat brown sugar and oil at medium speed until blended.
- Add applesauce and mix well.
- Add flour mixture all at once; beat on low speed.
- until well blended.
- Stir in raisins and nuts.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
- Cut into squares.
- Serve plain, dusted with powdered sugar, or frosted with whipped topping, if desired.