Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I like the different kind of heat in this dish - a change from chilli or straight curry flavour.
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 8 pieces chicken legs or 8 pieces chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 cooking apples, cored and thickly sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 500 ml water
- 60 ml dry white wine
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Mix spices together in small bowl.
- Heat oil in large frying pan.
- Sprinkle chicken with quarter of spice mix then brown chicken on all sides.
- Remove chicken from frying pan, set aside.
- Add dry white wine to frying pan, stirring and scraping to remove any particles of chicken still in the pan. Reserve the wine in the pan.
- Lay apple slices evenly in lightly greased large baking dish. Then sprinkle apples with half of remaining spice mix.
- Place the browned chicked pieces on top of apples in baking dish. Top with remaining apple slices. Pour wine over chicken and apples. Sprinkle remaining spice mix over dish and cover with foil.
- Bake chicken for about 45 to 60 minutes, or until thoroughly cooked.