Recipe by JoyfulCook
This a a quick and easy pie to put together at the last minute. Its got a great flavour similar to apple strudel. I made this not long ago when I had unexpected friends staying for dinner when all I had were a few apples and remembered the jar of Robertsons fruit mince I had at the back of the pantry!
- 5-6 apples, Granny Smith
- 14.79 ml sugar
- 200 g robertsons fruit mincemeat (half a jar)
- shortcrust pastry, - 1 sheet
- 1 egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and slice apples.Add water to cover apples adding the sugar if you feel it necessary.
- Cook apples until soft, drain and leave to cool. Chop apples into small pieces and add the Fruit Mince mixing through well.
- Put the mix into a pie dish and cover with the pastry and brush with the beaten egg.
- Place into a preheated oven at 210c and bake until the pastry is golden brown. Serve with Cream or Ice Cream.