Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is an amazing soup! I've just gone vegetarian, and I've been experimenting with soups. It's very easy to make. The spice is mild, compared to what I normally make. If you want your soup to be spicier, add more than 1 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 cups parsnips, peeled and chopped
- 3 medium apples, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- Heat butter and oil in large pot until butter begins to foam. Add onion and garlic, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add cayenne, curry powder, and ginger. Stir for 1 minute.
- Add parsnips, apple, and honey. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour in the stock. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 25 minutes. Let it cool.
- Strain out all chunks and puree in blender. Add puree back to liquid, whisk together.
- Reheat to serve.