Recipe by cookalot #2
This recipe is from Manitoba pork. I haven't tried it, but it looks very nice on paper!
- 3 lbs double boneless pork loin roast
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider or 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup apple jelly
- 2 tablespoons apple cider or 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Dry pork well.
- Combine mustard, thyme and sage.
- Rub all over pork and.
- Let stand at room temperature 30 minute.
- In a bowl combine apple juice or cider and lemon juice.
- On greased grill over medium high heat.
- Sear pork turning often for 15 minute.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Close lid and grill turning often and basting with cider mixture for about 1 1/2 to 2hrs or until meat thermometer reads 160F
- Do not overcook.
- During last 20-30 min baste pork several times with the Apple Glaze.
- Remove from grill.
- Cover with foil and let stand 10 minute before carving.
- Serve with remaining glaze.