1/1 Photo of Spicy Apple-Carrot Muffins
From the New York Times Natural Foods Cookbook, with a few adaptations. Soft, moist, flavorful and healthy. These muffins are NOT very sweet so choose a sweet apple variety or increase the honey to 1/2 cup if you prefer a sweeter muffin.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup non-instant nonfat dry milk solid
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup natural bran (optional)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup apple, unpeeled and grated
- 1/2 cup carrot, grated
- 1mix dry ingredients in a large bowl. blend well.
- 2mix wet ingredients in a bowl. blend well.
- 3add wet ingredients to large bowl and stir just until blended.
- 4fold grated apple and carrot into batter.
- 5transfer into 12 greased muffin tins.
- 6bake in a preheated 400 oven for 15 - 20 minutes or until slightly browned
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Apple-Carrot Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (51 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 151.9
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 35.7 mg
- Sodium 123.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 9.9 g
- Protein 3.7 g