Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
A cake full of spices, apples, and nuts that leaves my mouth wanting another bite.
Make and share this Spicy Apple Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 236.59 ml flour
- 118.29 ml whole wheat flour
- 236.59 ml brown sugar
- 354.88 ml apples, cut in medium size pieces
- 236.59 ml half-and-half
- 118.29 ml walnuts
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 2.46 ml nutmeg
- 2.46 ml cardamom powder
- 2.46 ml powdered clove
- 2.46 ml powdered ginger
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 118.29 ml vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven to about 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour a 8x8 baking pan.
- Mix all the dry ingredients. While mixing add the half-and-half, oil, and vanilla.
- Mix well and now add the nuts and apple.
- Put inside the oven to bake. After approximately 45 minutes, check to see if it is cooked by inserting a knife in the center of the cake.
Very nice, moist, spicy cake. I did add a small amount of cream cheese frosting after the cake cooled, but would enjoy it just as is. I cut the apples in medium to large chunks and that was okay with us. I really liked the combination of spices. Thanks, Carole in Orlando