Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is one of the many recipes I have collected on my holidays to South Africa. We don't like too fiery food so I normally half the chili to 1.
- 2 medium granny smith apples
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 medium green pepper (capsicum)
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon roasted cumin
- 1 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon green food coloring
- 3 fresh green chilies
- Core and roughly chop apples.
- Toss apples in lemon juice.
- Add all the ingredients including apples into a food processor.
- Process until semi coarse in texture.
- Serve chilled with savouries.
This reminds me of the delicious chutneys and relishes I grew up with in India. It was so easy to do and very tasty. I could have done with reducing the chillies as well but the heat of this has certainly not stopped me from devouring it. Thank you so much for posting!