Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
strawberries, strawberries. What a wonderful thing to do with them. This is absolutely delicious! I found it several places online, so it isn't my own recipe. We used it with grilled chicken, but I see a future of experimenting going on at my house. What a delicious BBQ sauce!! I did add a lot more hot sauce then called for, and added a dab of chipolte hot sauce with it also. I found this on Razzledazzle, but the other place is probably the original creator. Evidently its a creation that Clark Kenny of Bubba’s BBQ entered in a contest so I give him full credit with my highest appreciation.(servings are a guess, but it made around a pint, give or take.
- 2 cups strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1⁄3 cup strawberry preserves
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender and puree until smooth.
- Pour the sauce into a jar and chill, covered, until ready to use.