Spicy and sweet nuts are the new gourmet IT food and with this recipe you can now make your own. This mix features healthy nuts and seeds, asian spices and sweet cranberries for a unique and quick to make holiday gift. It is the perfect bring along for any party and looks so pretty packaged in a cellophane bag tied with a colourful ribbon. I hope youll enjoy this as much as me and my friends do!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 453.59 g mixed nuts, 454 gr can (I like to use pecans, almonds, cashew nuts, walnuts)
- 100 g sunflower seeds
- 30 g poppy seeds
- 29.58-44.37 ml oil (I use sunflower)
- 2.46 ml cumin, ground
- 2.46-3.69 ml chili powder (depending on your heat tolerance)
- 1.23-2.46 ml garlic powder (depending on how much a garlic fan you are)
- 1.23 ml cinnamon, ground
- 0.59 ml cayenne pepper
- 0.59 ml allspice
- 14.79 ml powdered sugar
- 59.16 ml dried cranberries
- 1In a big bowl combine mixed nuts, sunflower seeds and poppy seeds.
- 2In a small bowl combine cumin, chili powder, cinnamon, garlic powder and the powdered sugar.
- 3Add sugar and spice mixture to the nuts and mix well.
- 4Now add the oil and toss to coat.
- 5Spread the nuts on a paper-lined baking sheet and bake in the pre-heated oven at 180°C/350°F for 8-10 minutes turning once (or until nuts are nicely browned).
- 6Remove from the baking sheet and let cool.
- 7Add in the dried cranberries and mix well.
Browse Our Top High Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy and Sweet Holiday Nuts
Serving Size: 1 (645 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3722.1
- Calories from Fat 2918
- Total Fat 324.3 g
- Saturated Fat 41.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3062.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 154.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 56.4 g
- Sugars 36.8 g
- Protein 107.3 g