Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Spicy and sweet nuts are the new gourmet IT food and with this recipe you can now make your own. This mix features healthy nuts and seeds, asian spices and sweet cranberries for a unique and quick to make holiday gift. It is the perfect bring along for any party and looks so pretty packaged in a cellophane bag tied with a colourful ribbon. I hope youll enjoy this as much as me and my friends do!
- 1 lb mixed nuts, 454 gr can (I like to use pecans, almonds, cashew nuts, walnuts)
- 100 g sunflower seeds
- 30 g poppy seeds
- 2 -3 tablespoons oil (I use sunflower)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 teaspoon chili powder (depending on your heat tolerance)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder (depending on how much a garlic fan you are)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon allspice
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons dried cranberries
- In a big bowl combine mixed nuts, sunflower seeds and poppy seeds.
- In a small bowl combine cumin, chili powder, cinnamon, garlic powder and the powdered sugar.
- Add sugar and spice mixture to the nuts and mix well.
- Now add the oil and toss to coat.
- Spread the nuts on a paper-lined baking sheet and bake in the pre-heated oven at 180°C/350°F for 8-10 minutes turning once (or until nuts are nicely browned).
- Remove from the baking sheet and let cool.
- Add in the dried cranberries and mix well.