Recipe by EdsGirlAngie
A Provencal-style recipe from one of my favorite French chefs, Patricia Wells. I love the little bite of the hot peppers! Try them over grilled food, in sandwiches, mixed into pasta... the flavored oil adds a lot to sauteeing, too. Absolutely delicious!
- 5 ounces serrano chili peppers, seeded and sliced or 1 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper flakes
- 6 red bell peppers, cored, seeded, and cut into thick strips (about 3 lbs.)
- 2 heads garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Layer the chiles, bell peppers, garlic and olive oil in a very large, shallow baking dish.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake until the peppers are soft, about 45 minutes.
- Uncover and continue baking until peppers are just slightly charred and very soft, about another 45 minutes.
- Store in refrigerator.