1/1 Photo of Spicy and Sweet Cheesy Asparagus
Brisket in Roses's Note:
Created for RSC#11. Made as an appetizer, but can also be used as a side dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oil in frying pan. Preheat broiler.
- 2Add pine nuts and shallots to frying pan and saute for about 1 minute.
- 3Add asparagus to pan and season with cayenne pepper. Cook for about two minutes.
- 4In a small mixing bowl, combine the white wine, honey, salt and pepper (to taste). Add to asparagus and cook until asparagus is done (in my opinion, crispy to the bite).
- 5In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add flour and whisk until well blended.
- 6Whisk in milk gradually until mixture is smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste and simmer for about 3 minutes.
- 7Remove the pan from heat and whisk in 3/4 cup cheese until melted and blended.
- 8Spoon sauce on top of asparagus.
- 9Add remaining gouda and place under broiler until cheese is bubbly.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy and Sweet Cheesy Asparagus
Serving Size: 1 (159 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 250.3
- Calories from Fat 103
- Total Fat 11.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 17.8 mg
- Sodium 73.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 19.5 g
- Protein 6.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: