Recipe by TexanMorgan
These are the best chocolate chip cookies ever because of their unusualness. This cookie combines oats, nuts, spices, and chocolate, all for a wonderful and savory treat!
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Pretty much made these great tasties as given, but I did a coarse crushing of the corn flakes! Great combo of flavors & a very nice change from the usual chocolate chip cookies! Shared at a weekly group we attend! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in I Recommend recipe tag]
- 354.88 ml all-purpose flour
- 6.16 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml mace
- 7.39 ml cinnamon
- 1.23 ml nutmeg
- 0.59 ml powdered clove
- 236.59 ml softened butter
- 236.59 ml packed brown sugar
- 354.88 ml granulated sugar
- 14.79 ml milk
- 7.39 ml vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 236.59 ml corn flakes
- 709.77 ml quick-cooking raw oatmeal
- 236.59 ml flaked coconut
- 473.18 ml chocolate chips
- 236.59 ml chopped walnuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease cookie sheets.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt and spices; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until smooth.
- Mix in milk, vanilla, and beaten eggs.
- One at a time, stir in the cornflakes, oats, dry ingredients (from medium bowl), coconut, chocolate chips, and walnuts (if using), just until each addition is incorporated.
- Drop dough by well rounded teaspoonfuls onto greased cookie sheets.
- Bake 10-12 minutes, then let stand for 2 minutes before removing to let cool on baking racks.