Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I clipped this from the newspaper. It is from "Back to the Table" by Art Smith (2001). This is a recipe for the oven.
- nonstick cooking spray
- 8 (5 -6 ounce) catfish fillets
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup dried breadcrumbs, seasoned
- Position a rack in the top third of the oven and preheat to 400 degrees F.
- Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Season fish with Old Bay seasoning.
- In a shallow dish, whisk the buttermilk and egg to combine.
- Dip the fillets in the buttermilk, then coat on both sides with the breadcrumbs.
- Arrange in single layer on the baking sheet.
- Spray the fillets with the cooking oil and bake for 8 minutes.
- Carefully turn the fillets and spray again with the oil; continue to bake until crispy, about 8 minutes longer.
This is a dish which is very easy and very good. We enjoy eating fish and I prefer not to fry. I am preparing it for the second time now and didn't realize I had not reviewed it. Thank you Oolala for bringing this to us.