Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Thick and flavorful recipe for the last of the tomatoes. You can probably use it as a sauce, too. I roasted 5 medium-sized, coarsely chopped fresh tomatoes in the toaster oven at 400 degrees for about half an hour. Or you could use canned.
- 14.79 ml light olive oil or 14.79 ml other neutral oil
- 29.58 ml diced onions
- 14.79 ml flour
- 118.29 ml milk
- 0.25 ml nutmeg
- 0.25 ml cayenne
- 2.46 ml ground black pepper
- 14.79 ml dried basil
- 946.36 ml tomatoes, roasted, including juice
- Heat oil over medium heat, add onion and cook until soft.
- Stir in flour and keep stirring until flour is cooked.
- Gradually add milk and cook until heated and it starts to thicken.
- Add spices, basil, and tomatoes and puree with an immersion blender or in a regular blender.
- Cook until heated through.
While my husband was not keen on this recipe, my daughter and I really liked it. Thanks for the recipe