Prep 336 hrs
Cook 0 mins
From Natural Beauty At Home by Janice Cox. This is ONLY for men. I can't hold my heart in anticipation and wait for a review for this one;-) I would like to dedicate this to Uncle Bill for his 71st Birthday! Happy Birthday, Uncle Bill:-) Please note: If you are unable to get Jamaican Rum for this, use any other good quality rum.
- 1⁄2 cup vodka or 1⁄2 cup gin or 1⁄2 cup witch hazel
- 2 tablespoons jamaican rum
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon whole allspice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 small orange, zest of (orange part only)
- Mix everything together and pour into a clean jar with a tight-fitting lid.
- Place this jar in a dark and cool place for 2 weeks.
- After 2 weeks, strain off the liquid and pour into a clean container.
- Discard any zest and other remaining solids.
- To use: Splash on your face after shaving!
Charishma, thanks for posting this! It was so wonderful that I spoiled the Valentine's Day surprise for my boyfriend and I gave it to him earlier! It smells fantastic (I love orange-and-spice), and the boyfriend says that it doesn't really "burn" much when he applies it (I made it with the witch hazel). This is a winner; I will be making more of it!