Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe has a bold flavor and the kick of red pepper flakes. It is my husband's favorite.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 -2 onion, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder or 1 tablespoon about 6 fresh minced garlic clove
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper flakes (more or less)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon basil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt (or less)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- water, for thinning to desired consistency if needed
- Brown together the first three ingredients and then add the rest of ingredients and simmer. May also add green peppers and/or mushrooms.
This is my go to recipe. My family loves the bold and spicy taste. I make it with homegrown tomatoes. Love Love Love it!!!