Recipe by Sharon123
I love to try different spices to flavor veg. combinations. This is a winner! From Vegetarian Times Cookbook.
Top Review by Bergy
What a great vegetable dish, you can make it as hot as you want or as mild - I like it hot so I used 2 jalapenos, i habanero and 2 tsp of Peri-peri powder. I wondered about the cabbage but followed the recipe and it really added so much to the total flavor. This is a meal in itself but I had left over pork with it. Thanks for sharing this recipe Sharon 123
- 6 small potatoes
- 3 carrots, quartered lengthwise and cut into 2 inch lengths
- 1 cup green beans, cut diagonally into 2 inch lengths
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated gingerroot
- 6 scallions, green and white parts,cut diagonally into 2 inch lengths
- 1 bell pepper, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 -4 hot pepper, cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 small cabbage, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the potatoes in a medium saucepan with salted water to cover.
- Bring to a boil and cook until the potatoes are almost tender.
- Add the carrots and beans; boil 5 minutes.
- Drain and set aside.
- In a skillet, heat the oil and cook the garlic, ginger, scallions and peppers, stirring.
- Gently mix in the potatoes, carrots and beans.
- Top with the cabbage wedges and sprinkle with the turmeric.
- Cover and let steam for a few minutes, being careful not to overcook the vegetables.
- Stir gently and transfer to a serving dish.
- Top with black pepper and salt.