I love to try different spices to flavor veg. combinations. This is a winner! From Vegetarian Times Cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 small potatoes
- 3 carrots, quartered lengthwise and cut into 2 inch lengths
- 1 cup green beans, cut diagonally into 2 inch lengths
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated gingerroot
- 6 scallions, green and white parts,cut diagonally into 2 inch lengths
- 1 bell pepper, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 -4 hot pepper, cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 small cabbage, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1Put the potatoes in a medium saucepan with salted water to cover.
- 2Bring to a boil and cook until the potatoes are almost tender.
- 3Add the carrots and beans; boil 5 minutes.
- 4Drain and set aside.
- 5In a skillet, heat the oil and cook the garlic, ginger, scallions and peppers, stirring.
- 6Gently mix in the potatoes, carrots and beans.
- 7Top with the cabbage wedges and sprinkle with the turmeric.
- 8Cover and let steam for a few minutes, being careful not to overcook the vegetables.
- 9Stir gently and transfer to a serving dish.
- 10Top with black pepper and salt.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy African Stew
Serving Size: 1 (382 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 213.3
- Calories from Fat 25
- Total Fat 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 57.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.9 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 6.4 g