1/3 Photos of Spicy African Peanut Soup
We served this on Christmas Eve to friends and family and it was a universal hit! Very filling and its orange colour looks beautiful in a bowl.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 709.77 ml stock or 709.77 ml water
- 2 slice fresh ginger
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 2.46 ml cayenne or 2 fresh chili peppers
- 14.79 ml oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 14.79 ml brown sugar
- 118.29 ml peanut butter
- 236.59 ml tomato juice
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1Heat the oil in a large saucepan over high heat.
- 2Add pepper, ginger, carrots, garlic, onions and cayenne or chilies.
- 3Cook for 2 minutes, then add potato and stock.
- 4Bring to the boil and simmer 10 minutes.
- 5Transfer the vegetables to a food processor and purée until smooth.
- 6Return the purée to the saucepan and stir in peanut butter and tomato juice or mash the vegetables in the saucepan until slightly lumpy.
- 7Add sugar, salt and pepper.
- 8Serve sprinkled with green onions.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy African Peanut Soup
Serving Size: 1 (185 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 325.5
- Calories from Fat 180
- Total Fat 20.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 356.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 13.9 g
- Protein 10.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: