Spicy African Chickpea and Sweet Potato Stew
- Cook couscous according to package directions.
- Place garlic and salt into bowl of food processor and blend until garlic is finely chopped.
- Add paprika, cumin seeds, black pepper, ginger, and allspice. Process 15 seconds.
- While processor is running, pour olive oil through cover opening until mixture forms paste.
- In a large saucepan, combine the completed spice paste, sweet potatoes, broth or water, tomatoes with juice, chickpeas, and okra. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Uncover and simmer 10 minutes more or until vegetables are tender.
- Serve stew with couscous and hot pepper sauce.