Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Delicious spicy meatballs which never absorb oil. Makes a good appetizer if you make small meatballs and put them on a toothpick.
- 2 tablespoons split chickpeas
- 1 onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 3 cloves
- 1⁄2 inch cinnamon stick
- 1⁄2 kg mincemeat
- soak the split chickpeas for 10 min then boil till cooked.
- Put all the ingerdients except the mince into the blender and grind till smooth with a few Tbsp water.
- Mix with the meat.
- Shape into 1/2 inch balls.
- Shallow fry in 1/2 inch of oil till brown.
Yum! We had these along with the Easy Curried Yellow Dal recipe posted by another chef. So nice to have some great Indian food at home. Thanks for the recipe!