An authentic Afghanistan tea recipe from bodhileaves blog.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring 1 1/2 cups of water to a very light boil. Break the cinnamon stick into smaller pieces and add it to the water immediately followed by the cardamom seeds and a tiny pinch of ginger. too much will overpower the other spices.
- 2Simmer for a 5-10 minutes or until the water turns slightly yellow and emits a pleasant smell. The cardamom seeds will swell slightly.
- 3Turn the heat off, add the tea leaves, and stir.
- 4Let steep for 1-3 minutes or to taste.
- 5Strain and enjoy!
- 7To prepare larger amounts, multiply ingredients by the number of cups you wish to make and follow the same procedure.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Afghan Chai Tea
Serving Size: 1 (356 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 0.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 10.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
green cardamom seeds