Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Adapted from Gourmet magazine, this is delicious; healthy, low fat and oh so tasty. Serve as an appetizer or light lunch. Great with warm french bread and a chilled crisp white wine.
- 1 lb cooked shrimp, shelled and chilled
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- 1 small cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1 plum tomato, seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped vidalia onions
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon adobo sauce from canned chipotle chile in adobo
- 2 tablespoons water
- Whisk together the ketchup, lime juice , adobo sauce and water.
- Gently stir in all the other ingredients.
- Cover, chill and serve.