Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Low and slow. These potatoes are so yummy, adjust the ingredients to your preference. But either way you want to cook them Low and slow that is the way to go...when they are just about cooked through you can turn up the heat to get a little added crisp.
- 5 russet potatoes
- 1⁄2 white onion, diced
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 serrano peppers or 1⁄2 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- canola oil
- course ground pepper
- Chop up all ingredients and set aside.
- Pre heat non-stick skillet on med/high heat, lightly oil. When nice and hot add onion, saute until soft.
- Then add additional peppers, saute and Salt veggies.
- Add potatoes and mix with all the peppers. Lightly salt the potatoes as well. Lower heat to a med/low setting. Stir occasionally making sure not to over stir as the potatoes will become mushy as they begin to cook through.
- All the ingredients should melt together giving your potatoes an awesome flavor. When potatoes are cooked through and you're about ready to serve, taste for seasoning and add course pepper with any added salt if desired.
- Turn up heat and add additional oil if pan seems dry. This should result in a nice golden texture. Enjoy!