Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Recipe from Allrecipes. This is a great addition to a summer barbecue.
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of
- 1 small jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil, extra virgin
- 4 ears corn, shucked and cut off the cob
- 2 cucumbers, peeled in stripes, halved, seeded and sliced
- 1⁄2 onion, vidalia, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Put lime juice, jalapeno, honey and cumin in blender. Mix.
- Add olive oil while blender is running making an emulsion.
- Put corn, cucumbers and vidalia onions in bowl.
- Add dressing. Season with salt and pepper. Toss.
Loved this great fresh corn salad! Next time I will parboil or steam the corn just a bit first but that's just a personal preference. The dressing on this is just fantastic and I can see using it in other corn-and-tomato or corn-and-bean salads as well. Thanks for sharing your recipe!
What a lovely surprise this salad was. It carries a punch of flavor and is refreshing and crisp. I used red onions, and forgot to season the salad, before I served it, which worked out okay, as we were both able to season to our personal preference. I really enjoyed the dressing, it was sweet, tart, tangy and carried some heat, which you felt after you ate the salad. Thanks for sharing Lavender, Made for the Fearless Red Dragons - ZWT8 - Mexico
Mmmmmm, that was lovely! Made this scaled down for two people and followed the recipe exactly. Except I did find a red pepper that was languishing in the fridge, so I added a bit for the color. Made this for ZWT8 - thanks Lynn!