Recipe by Olha
This is a very moist zucchini bread that is on the spicy side. Sour cream, walnuts and cinnamon all add to make this bread immensely flavourful and delicious. It works well with low fat 3 % sour cream too. I also added a couple of Tablespoons oat bran.
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups zucchini, peeled and grated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all purpose white flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
SOUR CREAM GLAZE
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- FOR THE BREAD: Beat together first 6 ingredients until blended.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir until dry ingredients are just moistened.
- Do not over-mix.
- Divide batter between 4 greased mini-loaf foil pans (6 x 3 x 2 inches) and bake in a 325 F.
- oven for 45 to 50 minutes, or until cake tester inserted in center, comes out clean.
- I used a 13 x 9 inch pan lined with parchment paper and greased, baked at 350 F.
- for 30-35 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes and then remove from pans and continue cooling on a rack.
- When cool, brush tops with Sour Cream Glaze.
- FOR THE SOUR CREAM GLAZE: Stir together all the ingredients until blended.
- Easiest& Best!
- Coffee Cakes and Quick Breads.