Recipe by VAmom
I have tried MANY recipes for zucchini bread in an attempt to use up the dozens of zucchini my Grandad supplies me with in the Summer. This is my Mom's recipe and I have never found its equal! Even my kids love it! It's moist, flavorful and freezes well. I also love that this recipe makes two loaves -- one to eat and one to freeze or give away! It's the best!
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup chopped nuts (walnuts or pecans)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups zucchini, coarsly grated
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder, cinnamon & nuts. Set aside.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl. Add sugar, oil and vanilla. Beat until creamy. Stir in zucchini and pineapple.
- Add dry ingredients, stirring only until moistened.
- Spoon into two well-greased and floured loaf pans.
- Bake at 300 degrees for one hour. Cool for 10 minutes in pans before transferring to a baking rack.