Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a fabulous recipe is from "One Smart Cookie: All Your Favourite Cookies, Squares, Brownies and Biscotti... with less fat !", by Julie Van Rosendaal. She makes relatively "healthy" cookies without sacrificing deliciousness! A nice bar cookie for the holiday season.
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup packed grated zucchini
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350. In a large bowl, beat together butter and brown sugar until creamy. Mix in egg and vanilla - beat until smooth.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flours, baking soda, cinnamon, allspice, and salt.
- Add the flour mixture along with the grated zucchini into the butter mixture. Stir just until combined and then gently fold in the dried canberries and pecans .
- Scoop batter into an 8x8" baking dish lightly coated with nonstick spray. Bake until the top springs back when lightly touched near the center, about 25-30 minutes. Cool completely in the pan on a wire rack.